On Tuesday the 26th of March 2019, the RailTech Innovation Awards were held in Utrecht, The Netherlands.
RailTech Europe is a leading trade fair in the railway industry, and the Innovation Awards ceremony is a valued yearly tradition. This year, CastLab was nominated for the award and WON! Competing against 75 international applicants, a professional jury chose CastLab as the winner in the Start-up category. The decision is made based on pre-defined criteria. The solution has to 1) be new and innovative, 2) solve a problem or challenge, and 3) be applicable and an improvement for the rail industry.
RailTech Europe's professional jury consisted of:
- Dr. Erwin Abbink, Managing Consultant Innovation (Netherlands Railways NS)
- Prof. dr. ir. Rolf Dollevoet (Technical University Delft)
- Carel Robbeson, Board member (Railforum)
- Karel van Gils, Manager Innovation (Dutch Infrastructure Manager ProRail)
- Dr. Matthias Landgraf (Technical University of Graz)
- Hans Willem Vroon, Director (Railgood)
- Dr. ir. Niels van Oort, Assistant Professor Public Transport (Technical University Delft)
- Cor G.A. Hoenders, Director (Rail Cargo Information Netherlands)
“CastLab wins this category. The firm can produce metal prototypes, obsolete parts and small series within ten working days. 3D printers, among other things, are used for this purpose. Castlab impressed the jury more than DB Coating with its Permanent Protection and the predictive maintenance system by Konux."
Managing Director Koen Melis: "We are very proud to continue working with our team and our partners on this great new venture. It is a fantastic signal and support to be awarded this prize by a professional jury!"